June 26, 2016
A meeting of the board of directors of the Blackwater Lake Association (“the BLA”) was held on the above date at 352 Norman Point Rd., Longville, MN 56655, the home of Board Chair Lloyd Thielmann. Directors Dick Clough, Craig Laughlin, Barbie Laughlin, Lloyd Thielmann, Linda Burns, Jerry Franke, Claus Peukert, and Becky Seemann were present. BLA member Dodi Sletten also attended. Travis Skalicky was absent. A quorum was present at the meeting.
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 8:36 by Board Chair, Lloyd Thielmann.
Approval of Agenda
Lloyd distributed the agenda for the meeting which, upon motion duly made and seconded, was unanimously approved.
Approval of Prior Minutes
The minutes of the May 1, 2016 meeting were circulated by Secretary, Craig Laughlin, and reviewed by the Board members prior to the meeting. Upon motion duly made and seconded the minutes were unanimously approved as submitted.
Linda reported that our current cash balance is $3,820.30. She also reported that we currently have 32 members who have already renewed for 2016/2017, and that nine members had made an additional contribution with their membership. Upon motion duly made and seconded, the Treasurers Report was unanimously approved.
- First Responder Presentation: Bonnie Jepson of the Lake Country First Response Team gave a short presentation regarding the automatic defibrillators used by first responders in our area. She explained how most but not all responders have a defibrillator in their possession, and stated that the next machine would be placed with a new responder who lives closer to Blackwater than the other current responders. The Board discussed the benefits to the BLA membership of having an additional machine in our area. Upon motion duly made and seconded, it was unanimously resolved to donate $500 to the LCFR Team in the 2016- 2017 fiscal year, to donate $100 per year in future years, and to make an appeal to the membership to make additional direct donations.
- Inspections Schedule: Lloyd presented the June inspection schedule. Blackwater has 12 days of inspection in June, compared to only 4 days in June last year.
- Aquatic Invasive Species Action Plan: Becky reported that according to information presented at the last ACCL meeting, early detection has been working to prevent the spread of AIS in infected lakes. Becky also mentioned a new AIS identification book being published by the DNR. Upon motion duly made and seconded, it was unanimously resolved to purchase the new DNR AIS identification book for $50.
- ACCL Meeting Report: Lloyd mentioned that Cass Co. will now pay for all AIS contamination on boats presented for cleaning in Cass County.
- Beaver Control: Lloyd reported that the new beaver control person continues to do an excellent job.
- Elections & Terms of Office: Craig, Barbie, Claus, and Jerry are up for reelection in 2016. Claus, Jerry and Barbie agreed to run for reelection. Craig has decided not to run for reelection as Secretary. Upon motion duly made, it was unanimously resolved to nominate Dodi Sletten to stand for election to the position of Secretary, and to nominate Barbie, Claus, and Jerry to be reelected to their current Board positions.
- Backwater Blurb: Upon motion duly made and seconded it was unanimously resolved to include an envelope addressed to the treasurer with the next Blurb for members to return their renewal dues.
- Annual Meeting Agenda: Upon motion duly made and seconded it was unanimously resolved to approve the agenda presented by Lloyd and as modified per discussion.
Next Board Meetings
The Board had previously set 8:30 a.m. on October 2nd as the time and date for the next Board meeting.
There being no further business to come before the Board, and upon motion duly made and seconded, the meeting was adjourned by unanimous approval at 10:25 a.m.
Dated as of the date first written above.
Craig Laughlin, Secretary