Article I Name
Section 1. The name of this organization shall be the Buffalo-Rice-Rock Lakes Association.
Article II Purpose
Section 1. The Association shall work to promote and maintain the environmental and recreational quality of Buffalo-Rice-Rock Lakes and vicinity.
Section 2. The Association shall work in conjunction with federal, state, county and local agencies to maintain and improve the quality of the lakes.
Section 3. The Association shall provide educational resources relating to the protection and quality of the Buffalo-Rice-Rock Lakes area and its wildlife.
Section 4. The Association shall work to monitor and report water quality conditions.
Section 5. The Association shall be an environmental organization that increases the effectiveness of individual effort through collective action.
Section 6. The Association shall be a nonprofit, nonstock organization and a member of the Becker County Coalition of Lake Associations.
Article III Membership
Section 1. General voting membership shall be open to all interested parties who share a concern for the purposes of the Association.
Section 2. Associate non-voting membership shall be open to season long residents of the Buffalo Lake Campground.
Article IV Dues
Section 1. Annual dues.
- General member dues will be $20 per member household.
- Associate member dues will be $10 per member household
- Each year, the Board of Directors shall recommend the level of annual dues for approval by a majority vote of the members at the annual meeting.
- Annual dues shall be payable no later than July 31st of the current fiscal year to remain a voting member in good standing.
Article V Officers and Board Members
Section 1. The Officers of the Association shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Communications Director and COLA representative.
Section 2. Nine Board Members, also known as Beach Captains, shall represent the separate areas of the lakeshore. There will be six (6) from Buffalo Lake, two (2) from Rock and one (1) from Rice. At least one shall be a seasonal property owner.
Section 3. The immediate Past President shall serve on the Board of Directors as a voting member and advise the Board.
Section 4. Duties.
- The President shall preside at all annual, Board and special meetings of the Association and shall represent the Association at all official functions.
- The Vice President shall, in the absence of the President, fulfill the duties of the President. The Vice President shall fulfill other duties as designated by the President, the Board or the general membership.
- The Secretary shall record and maintain minutes of all annual, board and special meetings of the Association and shall manage all routine correspondence of the Association.
- The Treasurer shall maintain all revenues of the Association and shall disperse expenditures as designated by the Board or the general membership.
- The Treasurer may be bonded at the expense of Association.
- The Treasurer shall present a yearly report of income and expense at the annual meeting of the Association.
- Board members shall fulfill all duties as directed by the President, Board of Directors or the general membership.
Section 5. Term of Office.
Officers shall serve a term of two years and shall be elected at the annual meeting by a simple majority. Beach captains will serve a 1, 2, or 3 year term.
Article VI Meetings
Section 1. The Association shall meeting annually in June with the date and place set no later than May 15th.
Section 2. The Board of Directors shall meet quarterly, with the spring meeting prior to the annual meeting to set the agenda.
Section 3. Special meetings may be called at the discretion of the Board of Directors or the request of the general membership.
Article VII Address
Section 1. The Association address is that of the treasurer.
Article VIII Voting and Quorum
Section 1. Each paid membership is entitled to one (1) vote.
Section 2. Proxy votes, in writing or preauthorized, shall be allowed.
Section 3. A quorum shall consist of twenty-five percent (25%) of the general membership in attendance and voting, including allowable proxy votes.
Article IX Parliamentary Procedure
Section 1. All meetings of the Association and the Board of Directors shall be conducted in accordance with Roberts Rules of Order, unless otherwise specified by these bylaws.
Article X Suspension of the Bylaws
Section 1. These bylaws may be suspended by a two-thirds vote of the members, present and voting, for emergency situations only.
Article XI Amendments to the Bylaws
Section 1. These bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds vote at any meeting of the Association, provided the written notice is given to the general membership at least fifteen (15) days in advance of the meeting at which action is taken.
Original Bylaws adopted August 1, 1992
Fifth revision dated June 27, 2015