CLEAR LAKE ASSOCIATION (CLA)
FALL MEETING MINUTES
August 31, 2013
Meeting called to order by Rick Hults at 9:05 am on Saturday August 31, 2013. Roberts Rules of Order were established as the protocol for this meeting. Meeting agenda was distributed and two additions were made from the floor.:
1. Power-loading the public boat access
2. the fishing report
Motion was made to accept the agenda by Dave Akin and seconded by Bill Feyo. Agenda was accepted
Secretary Report; Bob McElrath read the minutes from the spring Clear Lake Association meeting that was held on Saturday May 25th 2013. Motion to approve the Spring 2013 CLA meeting minutes as submitted by Bill Feyo and seconded by Betty Hults. Motion passed.
Dave Kohanek presented the financial condition of the CLA for the period from September 1st, 2012 to August 31st, 2013. Total Income received over this period was $1,440.00.
Expenses incurred for the September 1, 2012 to August 31, 2013 period were $576.49.
The resulting CLA checking account balance reported was $5,695.19 showing a net increase of $863.51.
Motion to approve the Treasurers Report was made by Bill Feyo and seconded by Keith Kallen. Motion was approved.
Other Reports and Discussion Topics
· Neighborhood Watch Report: Scott Turner (Aitkin County Sherriff addressed county crime statistics and trends and presented several ways to minimize the potential for being a crime victim. He also talked about the recent flooding issues and the Glen Store fire. Sherriff Turner took many questions from the audience and was able to provide an answer to every questioner.
· Lake Report/Fish Habitat: Bill Feyo reported on a concern that several incidents of “powerloading” has been occurring at the public landing and has become a problem. He also reported on a historical graphing of the lake levels and offered the audience this information. Feyo reported that Rick Rusowitz of the Minnesota DNR that the fish habitat project was inspected by divers on August 12, 2013, and producing cover habitat for lots of bluegills, pumpkinseeds, perch, bass, etc.
· Invasive Species Report: Rick Hults reported the ongoing threat and concern that all Clear Lake property owners should have concerning invasive species affecting Clear Lake. He encouraged everyone to become educated about invasive species. He asked everyone to be on the lookout for zebra mussels and to contact DNR if you observe them occurring. Bill Feyo reported that the MN DNR has revised the boat inspection protocol regarding citizen volunteer inspections of boats. A class will be held next spring (April/2014).
· Loon Watch Report: Dave Akin reported that Clear Lake has two nesting pair of loons and one surviving chick. He also reported social loon gatherings of 8, 11, and 13 loons were observed.
· ACALRA Report: Bill Feyo reported that invasive species training is coordinated by ACALRA.
· HWY 47 Clean-up: Dave Kohanek reported that the Spring clean-up was conducted by Bill Feyo and Fran and Dave Kohanek. The Fall HWY 47 clean-up date will be held on Sat Sept 6th.
· 4th of July Parade and Boat Parade: Rick Hults reported that 88 floats participated. Kathy and Greg Kopp won the competition for best decorated boat in the CLA boat parade. A plan has been put into place to increase boat parade participation for 2014 with fliers distributed to all CL residents.
· Summer Cook-Out: Bob Miller reported that annual Summer Picnic was a fun activity and well attended.
· Website: Rick Hults reported that the CLA website now carries all CLA information in one source.
· Committees: Rick Hults asked those interested to consider participation in the invasive species, boat monitoring, and boat parade committees.
· Annual Dues: Rick Hults reported that the CLA board of Directors has recommended that CLA annual dues remain at $20 per year. Motion to accept keeping CLA annual dues at $20/ year was made by Dave Akin and seconded by Duane Douglas. Motion passed.
· Clear Lake Fish Stocking Report: Bill Feyo reported that starting in 2011 that the DNR began by putting 360,000 walleye fry in the lake over the next 5 years. Fall of 2013 DNR doing electro shocking fish for census counting of walleyes to determine the stocking plan going forward.
· Election of New Board Members: Rick Hults reported that as per CLA bylaws that Dave Kohanek had to step down at the conclusion of his current term (9/2013) creating an open board position. Duane Douglas has also asked to step down from the CLA Board as well. Nominations were made for Rick Hults for a second term , Bill Feyo for a first term and Curt Carlson for the second term of Duane Douglas. Motion was made to accept the slate by Dave Akin and seconded by Ed Peterson . Motion was passed.
· 2013-2014 CLA Officers are as follows:
o President: Rick Hults
o Vice President: Glen Douglas
o Secretary: Bob Mc Elrath
o Treasurer: Bob Miller
o Bill Feyo
o Ed Peterson
o Curt Carlson
ADJOURNMENT: Motion was made by Duane Douglas and seconded by Bill Feyo for adjournment. Motion passed and meeting adjourn