Association History – article by Marilyn Bliss
The Association was formed officially on October 25, 1989 over a kitchen table, at which time the Articles of Association and First Bylaws (written by Fred Bliss) were signed.
The first officers were:
- Robert Horeisch, President (deceased)
- John Entenmann, Vice President
- his wife Phyllis, Secretary Treasurer
- Board of Executive Directors included Don Wiik, Walt Stover, Ken Boehmke (these 3 now deceased), Karen Holmes, Willis Laraway and Fred Bliss
Since the very beginning (to 2008), Pat Brockton has been the Long Lake “LINK” editor and publisher.
The lake was defined by seven director zones, each serving two-year periods. The purpose of the Association was fish propagation, maintenance of water quality, and maintenance of wildlife habitat.
The first Annual Meeting was held on August 25, 1990 in the Longville School gymnasium, attended by more than 90 property owners on Long Lake.
- 1989 to 1991: Robert Horeisch (deceased)
- 1991 to 1994: Ralph Arens
- 1994 to1997: Fred Bliss
- 1997 to 1999: Mark O’Barski (deceased)
- 1999 to 2009: Jerry Lerom
- 2009 to 2013: Dick Loeffler
- 2013 to 2017 (present): Wayne Voigstchild
Needless to say, in the last 17 years a lot has transpired regarding the lake and the Association.
(This article has been updated with fresh information since Marilyn wrote it in 2008.)