Boat Parade –Saturday July 4th At 11 AM
Sign up at Lost Valley Resort – Ron and Tammy will have sign up sheet for all who want to decorate their boats or pontoons. Undecorated boats are welcome.
The starting point will be Moltzan Bay, in the Southeast corner of Leek lake. Prizes will be awarded for the 1st and
The Annual Meeting isThe agenda for the meetingscheduled for Saturday,is: Reviewing by-laws, JulyJune 13, 2009 at 9 AM to4th parade, Lake10 AM at CampDirectories, Beach CaptainsTrowbridge.and other issues and concerns brought up by theThe association willmembership.provide coffee, orange juice, and rolls. ComeThis is an importantearly and join yourmeeting for the future offriends for socialLakes Trowbridge and Leek.interaction.We look forward to seeing you?
How to get Trowbridge/Leek Lake Geer
If anyone is interested in ordering T-Shirts, Wind Pullovers, or Hooded Sweatshirts contact Greenspire. They are located at 120 E. Main, Perham, MN 56573, Phone 1-800-699-8337. They have the logo on file and you can choose your style and size at their Perham location.
LoonWatch, a program of the The Sigurd Olson Environmental Institute, protects common loons and their aquatic habitats through education, monitoring, and research. Though their primary focus is Wisconsin, their education and research activities extend to other areas in the Upper Great Lakes region, such as Michigan and Minnesota. They also lend support to North American conservation efforts by reaching out and communicating with loon conservation organizations across the United States and Canada.
Imagine a northern lake without the haunting calls and awe-inspiring presence of the Common Loon. It’s a disturbing thought, but in some places, it’s happening. Air and water pollution, shoreline development, and increasing recreational activities on lakes all pose serious threats to loons across North America, and in some cases are responsible for loons and loon music disappearing from traditional nesting lakes.
History of Candor Township
[Copied by Lory Brasel, firstname.lastname@example.org, from the book “History of Otter Tail County” Volume I – 1916 by John W. Mason]
CANDOR TOWNSHIP There were two townships organized on January 8, 1880, by the county commissioners – Candor and Star Lake. Candor was one of the first townships organized in the northern tier township and came into existence as a result of the satisfactory petition of twenty-five legal voters residing in township 137, range 41. On the 26th of the same month the first election for county officers was held at the house of A. Bradberry.
The names of the legal voters of said township who contributed to its organization were as follows: H. P. Johnson, Samuel Burgner, Charles French, Herbert Kinkle, George B. Grass, John Morneval, T. A. Blem, C. Drake, John Wallace, Isaac M. Spike, Iver Reynolds, H. C. Cook, F. Klug, H.
A. Bradburg, Carl Glanex, Robert Schram, William Furnold, F. A. Blossom, Fred Green, A. A. Drake, Daniel M. Still, Frank S. Biekle, Andrew Becke, William Glanex and M. B. Bradburg.
This township was the forty-fifth to be organized in the county and this may be accounted for by the fact that it was so far distant from the county seat. Located in the northern tier of townships it is nearly forty miles from Fergus Falls, while its nearest trading center for many years was Pelican Rapids, more than twelve miles distant. The building of the Soo line through the township in 1903 put it in touch with the outside world and has been the means of appreciably raising the value of land in the township.
Several lakes are to be found within the confines of the township, the chief ones being Leek, Hand, Loon, Hook, Otter, Cooks, Schrams, Ida and part of Sauer, the latter being mostly in Becker county. In addition to these there are a number of smaller bodies of water scattered over the township. The general elevation of the township is above a thousand feet and the many lakes do not prevent the farmers from having well drained and productive farms.
There have been two town sites, platted in the township, Vergas and Elmwood. Elmwood was platted by Martin Aalberg for James and Etta M. Nesbitt and recorded in the office of the register of deeds, July 14, 1911. It is located in the southern part of Candor township, sections 34 and 35, township 137, range 43.
Have a safe and fun summer and take care of our lake!
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
LAKE ADDRESS_________________________________________VERGAS, MN 56587
BLUE SIGN#____________________ LAKE PHONE#__________________________________
PERMANENT MAILING ADDRESS_________________________________________________
Please bring or mail this form and your check for $15.00 to:
Lost Valley Resort
49337 Lost Valley Rd.
Vergas, MN 56587
*** Please fill out membership slip to have an accurate count of membership.
*** Free Ice Cream Cone (single scoop) and Key Chain with Paid Membership.
Current Board of Directors
Office Name Phone E-mail Term Expires
President Brad Syltie 218-342-3352 email@example.com 2007
Vice President Mike Jahnke 218-342-2807 firstname.lastname@example.org 2007
Sec.Treas. Joni Proehl 218-342-2976 Ecraigjoni@aol.com 2007
Liz McCann 612-817-8008 email@example.com 2008
Tammy Richter 218-342-2954 firstname.lastname@example.org 2008
Gerald Richard 218-342-2630 RDOREEN2636@hotmail.com 2007