Statewide DNR mobile decontamination stations CLICK HERE This link goes to an interactive map that allows you to search by date for decontamination sites operated by the MN DNR. Gives location, hours of operation, and inspector information.
CROW WING COUNTY Crosslake decontamination station
Map to Crosslake location SERVICES FREE
- NORTH CENTRAL CWC: Crow Wing County’s Decontamination Unit in Crosslake, MN.
- Location: Crosslake Joint Highway Maintenance Facility, 13870 Whipple Drive, Crosslake, MN (off of County Road #3).
- Availability: Fully staffed: Friday thru Sunday, 10:00am to 8:00pm
- On-call only: Monday thru Thursday, 9:00am to 8:00pm
– If it’s during on call hours, use this guide for whom to call at the landing before the watercraft leaves the landing:
NORTH CENTRAL CWC: Crow Wing County’s Decontamination Unit in Crosslake, MN.
i. Location: Crosslake Joint Highway Maintenance Facility, 13870 Whipple Drive, Crosslake, MN (off of County Road #3).
1. On-call only: Monday thru Thursday, 9:00am to 8:00pm – If it’s during on call hours, use this guide for whom to call at the landing before the watercraft leaves the landing:
a. From 9:00am to 4:00pm = Jon Kolstad at 218-692-2688
– OR –
Billie Jo Mainerich at 310-890-7666
From 4:00pm to 8:00pm = Billie Jo Mainerich at 310-890- 7666
The direction for the public is that if they need a decontamination, they need to first understand the day of the week and the time of the day. Then, they need to make a phone call from the landing, so that the on-call person can get there in time. For example, if it’s Tuesday at 10:00am, they would try to call Jon Kolstad first. His office is 5-10 minutes away (very quick). If he is not available, then call Billie Jo next. She might be as far away as 30 minutes, depending on which landing she’s at in the county at the time. If it’s after 4:00pm, then the contact is Jake Hradsky. If it’s on the weekend, then the public can just show up without calling at the landing, as the unit will be fully staffed.
I hope this is helpful.
Natural Resource Manager
EMILY —-RUTH LAKE Friday-Sunday 8 AM – 6 PM Monday thru Thursday: on-call
OUTING—-CROOKED LAKE TOWNSHIP At Outing cannister station, Hwy. 6 + Woods Bay Dr. Friday- Sunday: 8 AM – 6PM
Below 2015 photo of Crow Wing County decontamination station on south side of City of Crosslake.
The services are free.
It is staffed by County personnel trained by the DNR.
It is located on Highway 3, on the south side of Crosslake, about 0.5 miles south of the bridge crossing the Pine River. It is on County property