Boat Parade 2014
Thank you to participants of the 2014 BPLA Boat Parade which was held on Saturday July 5th. We enjoyed a great Minnesota summer day with 7 participants on the north lake and 1 participant on the south lake. The creativity and enthusiasm of the parade participants was great again this year. Thank you again to everyone who helped to make this BPLA tradition fun for everyone. The participants for the 2014 parade are:
- Tiki Cruise – The Lundeen Family from Pine Ridge
- What Does the Fox Say – Zack Family
- Vikings Fans – The ______ Family (Our apologies, please contact us so we can update the website with your name)
- Thomas the Train – The Lesher Family
- Red, White and Blue Pontoon – The Reid Family
- Booze Cruise – The Muellers Family
- The Green Mystery Boat – An unidentified parade participant (Please contact us so we can update the website)
First Place – The Mueller Family – Thomas the Train theme. In addition to the clearly recognizable train features which included a working smoke stack, the boat crew was dressed in matching uniforms, engineer’s caps, and wooden train whistles.
Second Place – The Zack Family – “What Does the Fox Say?” was the theme for their boat. The Zacks were dressed as foxes and performing a very credible version of What Does the Fox Say which could be heard from across the lake.
First Place – We had one boat competing this year on the South lake. Congratulations and a big thank you to the Miers family on the red, white, and blue pontoon.
Thank you again to our neighbors and friends who participated in the 2014 BPLA boat parade. Thank you also to our parade judges – The Hemming, Bjerke, Holloway and Drake families.
See you again next year!
The BPLA Boat Parade Committee