Loon Lake Association
2018 Annual Membership Meeting
June 9, 2018
Minutes: Annual Meeting
- Meeting called to order at 9:00am. President Myron Gunderson introduced board members and thanked Brian Schmidt for the contribution to purchase loon nesting platforms.
- Pres. introduced guest speaker Christine Herwig, Nongame Wildlife Specialist, Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources. She gave a presentation on “Minnesota State Bird – Common Loon”
- No secretary report available from last annual meeting. Steps will be taken to address this concern.
- Treasure report given by Glenn Metzger. Report approved as presented.
- Water testing done by Dick Olerking on three parts of the lake. No questions at this time.
- Muskie stocking – Otter Tail County has put a 5yr halt on all stocking. Will continue to follow as this develops.
- Aquatic invasive species. Packet given to all in attendance included info on all concerned species. Reminded members to cautious.
- Channel concerns: current options is cost prohibitive. Suggestions were made to utilize a wrecker, but need land owner’s permission to access. Also use of a winch or undermine the boulders to get them to move. We recognize that those living in that bay deal with it on a regular basis and board will look at all options.
- Sign in channel – middle Loon to west Loon. No wake or speed limit sign needed. The Assn. would be responsible for anything put in water. President will contact DNR for recommendations.
- Four-year business plan was discussed and approved.
- Loon nesting platform. Contact board if anyone is interested in helping maintain these.
- Walleye stocking. DNR stocks every two years (odd number years) The association will be purchasing and stocking 5” to 7” yearlings this fall split between the main 3 bodies of water. Will check with resorts prior to finalizing. LLA will match up to $1,500 for this project.
- Member directory. 2011 is the last update. Jim Vachal, Paul Larson and Jan Ruppert volunteered to take on this project.
- Army worm spraying. Lake Association’s position is to recommend land owners to group together and contact sprayers to do their land. Past experience of having association coordinate was challenging and cost assn. money. We recommend the following business: Larson Helicopters, 42208 Cnty Rd. 80 Perham MN 56573
- (218) 346-5719 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elections: Board – Steve Eichmiller, DuWayne Sonnenberg & George Jacobs were elected to 3 yr term. Secretary and treasure positions will be filled by board members to be determined at their next meeting.