Loon Lake Association
Board of Directors Meeting
September 14, 2018
- Walleye Stocking – I called Steve Collins and reported we had $3,800 to spend. Stocking will occur mid-October. Approx. 2,700 fish.
- Current donations – $2,287 plus received $50 from Loon Lake Resort campers
- Assn. match – $1,500
- Cullen Fish and Bait Farm, Dent, MN
- Zebra Mussels – shared report of findings. Agreed summarize and include in fall newsletter.
- New regulation for used Docks & Lifts – shared with board and will also mention in fall letter.
- Channel between Middle Loon and West Loon. DNR states it is the Sherriff’s dept issue and Sheriff’s water patrol states it is a DNR issue. I have been referred to Boat and Water Safety in ST. Paul and waited for a response.
- Channel between public access and main body of water. I was given the name of Lake Region Aquatic, Steve Gordon. I have talked with him and he recommends we get the permit first so we now exactly what we are allowed to do. Then pursue quotes, but he feels he doesn’t have the equipment to do this.
- Loon platforms and related buoys
- From Steve Odegard – Loon nesting platforms and accompanying buoys have been put up on shore until Spring. I am going to try a little different spot for the one on the far west end of the lake. After talking to a lady who lives by there at the annual meeting, she suggested a different spot in the same area. I have moved the platform and buoy to that area already so it will be easy to put out in the Spring. My neighbor, Bill Russell, helped me to take them out. We also take Dave Sorgen’s raft in and out.
- Lake buoys – planned on removing around October 7th and 8th.
- Loon Lake Directory
- Jim Vachal, Paul Larson and Jan Ruppert volunteered to take on this project.
- I called the committee and Jim will assist with printing when we get to that point. Paul and Jan replied with they were not at the meeting and did not volunteer. So, this project at this time in on hold.
- New Business
- By-Laws need to be changed to address membership fee. Should notify members next spring to get done at annual meeting.
- For public use of Fankhanel’s beach, motion was made to give them a gift certificate as a thank-you. It was agreed to get a $100 certifcate to L & M Fleet for Pete and Sherri. Also will thank them in fall newsletter and mention the need to respect others and the concern of pets and litter.